Thursday, January 10, 2008

And so it begins....again.

I'm beginning another food diary because it seems to help me lose weight. I am a very emotional eater and so when I feel an emotion strongly, I tend to put whatever I can find into my mouth in mass quantities. And it isn't just junk food. The other night I wolfed down a huge bowl of Kashi Go Lean. Even though that is a better choice of food, eating in excess and past the point of being full is not good for my body and is a habit I want to break. If I eat every time I am upset, I will end up overweight for the rest of my life and put myself at greater risk of heart disease, which already runs in my family.

I am proud of the progress I made over the summer with losing 15 pounds and I want to lose about 8-10 more to get down to 150 pounds. The loss of weight isn't the most important thing, however. Eating healthy is essential because I could lose weight just by eating a decreased amount of food, but I might still be clogging my arteries.

Another big reason I am doing this is because I want to become a dietician and I should REALLY practice what I preach. How can I tell people to treat their bodies better if I am not doing it myself?

And so, I begin again.

Breakfast: 2 Nutrigrain toaster waffles with sugar-free syrup, 6-8 oz Orange Juice, 10 oz coffee with skim milk
Snack: 4 peanuts, Yoplait Lite in Blueberry, 1 Hostess mini-cupcake (from 100 calorie pack)
Lunch: chunky peanutbutter and four fruit jelly on 2 slices light 7 grain bread, a medium-large banana, 1 Hostess mini-cupcake
Afternoon Snack: Coke Zero (20 oz.), Hostess mini-cupcake
Snack at Home: clementine, 1-1.5 cups Kashi with 1% milk
Dinner: green tea with honey, 1-2 cups wheat penne with tomatoes and asparagus, lettuce with french spray dressing
Snack: 2-3 cups of popcorn

Totals
Carbohydrates: 4-5
Dairy: 3
Fruit: 2-3
Veggie: 2

I am really proud of myself. Today I told Rob to back off, which was really hard for me and I had been anxious about it for a week or so, and I did not stress eat. I was completely in control and I felt good about it. :)